Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Recap #2 - More Baby Things

Two of Tall Hubby's cousins out in Colorado had beautiful baby girls earlier this year. It's an ever-expanding family, this one.
One was a decidedly pink-for-little-girls kind of family (which is completely fine) and the other family I made the executive decision not to ask. Looking through our local Michaels, I came across these really cool Caron Cotton Cakes in fun colors, one including a hot pink variety. 
Ain't they cute?
I liked that they were self-striping as well, which cuts down on the design work on my end. Both girls were due in the spring and as my new policy is to knit for 1-year sizes to maximize use, I was looking at summer sweaters. Cotton seemed like a nice weight and breathable material for warmer weather.
I also went with my go-to summer pattern, In Threes, so the self-striping would add some further interest to a fairly simple pattern. 

I like it.

The self-striping also ended at very advantageous points. 
This one is for Baby K and is waiting for ends to be sewn in and buttons to be sewn on. I do hate hand sewing, apparently. I've been procrastinating on this one for quite some time now.

Take #2, still striping into very convenient points. 
Getting towards the end.
This one is for Baby S and is actually finished as well. I sat up late and finished the edging, sewed in all 4 ends of both sweaters, and stitched on the buttons. I had them in the mail the next day without realizing I forgot to take ending shots of them. Whoops!
But they are done and on their way to their intended recipients. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment