Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Cunning Hat

Back in November, I was faced with what I thought would be an enormous amount of semi-free time.
This little one had something to say about time usage though.
I decided I would knit Christmas presents during my maternity leave, also to go along with my broke sisters' decision to DIY Christmas to save some money. My plan was mitts for Sister C-2 to match a hat I made for her years ago, a requested striped scarf for my mother, and a cunning hat for Sister C-1.
This was a request as well, I believe. We are a nerdy family and I think I can say C-1 is the most open about it. This based on Jayne Cobbs' handknit hat from the cult classic, too-short TV show Firefly. I used the pattern from Glitzy Faery for the most part. C-1 came with to pick out yarn and we decided on what we thought were more screen-accurate colors, rather than the more commonly accepted trio of colors (i.e. mustard/pumpkin/russet rather than yellow/orange/red). A small difference, just personal preference.
I have no in-progress photos because, as any new mom can tell you, a small baby takes up quite a lot of time.
Sister C-1 modelling

Looks rather good, doesn't it? 
Just for comparison...
Pretty cunning, doncha think?
This was the only gift done in time for opening presents on Christmas Eve. It was also the calmest, least ...interesting...not, thankfully. Still fun and a decidedly nice product that my sister loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment